Director of Global Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability
Job Title: Director of Global Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability
Location: Fresno, CA, US, 93706 (Relocation Assistance Provided)
The Director of Global Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) is responsible for developing and maintaining a culture that leads to zero harm to our employees and the environment and will oversee and accelerate progress and performance on the environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals and targets for the organization.
The incumbent’s focus includes ensuring compliance with government (local and Federal) environmental, health and safety regulations, implementation of industry standard best practices across multiple sites, and working collaboratively with senior and local management to continuously improve our programs in the areas if safety culture, environmental compliance, occupational health processes, and social responsibility. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to influence change through effective communication and collaboration providing clear, concise and consistent messages and programs supporting our EHS&S culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy and implement a proactive culture of EHS&S. Lead the organization in the implementation of tools, program and initiatives that ensures the realization of this strategy and objective
- Develop relationships with leadership and employees to ensure EHS&S policies and procedures are being applied and followed. Working with site management, share best practices across the organization
- Guides and steward strategy, implementation, and management of corporate and asset level ESG strategy, leading ESG reporting and assessments, corporate sustainability policies and programs, and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Support monitoring and progress of other key governance and social initiatives
- Advise and support site management/operational staff on all EHS&S activities, communicating initiatives, and establishing/updating and disseminating documentation relating to the EHS management system
- Champion initiatives, focusing on preventive actions, that identify and communicate facility risk exposure, prioritizing risk reduction needs and ensuring closure of recommendations to reduce risk
- Working with operational staff, identify areas of improvement, lead development of local improvement initiatives, and establish EHS&S action plans to achieve set objectives and targets
- Develops and implements strategic goals supporting corporate and local EHS&S objectives
- Leads investigation of safety related accidents or incidents (including near misses) to identify root cause(s) and implementation of effective corrective/preventive actions
- Monitor and ensure compliance to local, state and federal regulations
- Maintain all environmental, safety and health permits, documents and records per requirements
- Plans and ensures delivery of training programs for regulatory mandated requirements as well as site specific EHS&S training
- Ensure site leadership and personnel are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy
- Audit the effectiveness, quality, and delivery of all required safety training
- Ensure routine audits are conducted of facilities and processes to assess and identify safety, health, and environmental risks
- Ensure regular risk assessments are conducted on all processes and equipment and recommend appropriate controls when hazards or potential hazards are identified
- Prepare presentations and conduct training supporting monthly EHS Communications
- Compile and publish monthly, quarterly and annual reports on site health and safety performance, EHS issues, regulatory compliance and personnel training
- Ensure that Safety Data Sheets are maintained and readily accessible at all locations
- Maintain required records regarding discharge of, or employee exposure to, hazardous waste and/or pollutants
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to travel globally. Role will require regular travel (25-50%) to visit company locations around the world
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an EHS manager role.
- HSE certifications required.
- 3rd party auditor training preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory and industry standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, GHS, REACH, etc.)
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
- OSHA 30 Hour training
- English Required.
- Must be able to work effectively in team environments.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and reassign priorities as needed.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence diverse global teams.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental, health, safety and security inspections and reporting
- Familiarity with ESG reporting, corporate social responsibility, climate resilience, risk mitigation and adaptation, net zero, decarbonization and renewable energy, building energy and water efficiency, waste management and emissions reduction strategies
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Industrial Workshop, Distribution and Production Facility
The noise level in portions of the work environment requires use of PPE.
Managing & Leads Teams for Results – Builds and manages collaborative teams that are results oriented and the lead teams to ever increasing levels for success.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks of possibilities; is optimistic; creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
The company, founded on a legacy of premier products and service, provides mission-critical valves, pumps, and aftermarket services in oil and gas, power generation, water and wastewater, and general industry, with an unparalleled focus on your specific industry needs. Our innovative approach will deliver the support you need through design, installation, and operation, providing continuity and confidence in your flow control. You can count on us for knowledgeable customer support, innovative engineering design, a global footprint, and supply chain, aftermarket parts and service, and unmatched responsiveness to meet your demanding schedules.
How to apply :
Send Resume to: [email protected]
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021