Field Service Technician – Air Compressor Systems
Field Service Technician – Air Compressor Systems
The company is a full service distributor for Ingersoll Rand, Doosan Equipment and other equipment lines. They cover a wide range of tools, air compressors and generator products.
We are a growing, family owned company that has been in operation for over 30 years in the Permian Basin. This position will be for a highly motivated person with a positive attitude and a desire to exceed our customer’s expectations. There are many opportunities for growth, training and development for this position. Since we are a smaller company, our employees are able to grow in many different areas.
- Highly competitive hourly wage (with Over-Time opportunity)
- Company work truck
- Benefits including 401k matching, health insurance, dental and vision insurance, vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, short term disability, long term disability, basic life and AD&D insurance plus voluntary life and AD&D insurance.
Job title: Field Technician
Department: Operations and Quality Management: Service
Reports to: Service Manager
This position will consist of installing new equipment at customer locations, general maintenance of equipment at customer locations, troubleshooting and repair of equipment, evaluation of equipment after rental equipment is returned and general repair of equipment at our facility.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to train and assist other Service Technicians, provide support to other areas and personnel in the company as needed.
- Provide a high level of customer service by meeting the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Maintains a safe working environment by being mindful of surroundings and safe operation of equipment.
- Document issues and findings to complete warranty reimbursement forms.
- Closely and accurately track time on jobs for correct billing to customers.
- Operate, troubleshoot, perform preventative maintenance, and complete major repairs to electric motors, air compressor pumps, refrigerated air dryers, regulators, filtration, diesel engines, and other related components.
- Experience and knowledge of air compressor systems.
- Experience with high pressure air compressors and air piping a plus.
- Knowledge of diesel and/or natural gas engines a plus.
- Knowledge of on-line technical manuals and use of computer-based job tracking software.
- Must be self-directed, professional, clean work appearance, organized, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude. Ability to safely work around single and 3-phase electrical equipment and wiring.
- Excellent customer service. Candidate must be able to work with customers and leave them with a positive image of the company at the end of each job.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete complicated processes to correct issues.
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test and physical.
- Use of hands/fingers or feel during normal job requirements.
- Stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl while working on equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. (and occasionally up to 100 lbs. with assistance.)
- Hook up trailers to a service vehicle and be comfortable driving with equipment attached.
- Be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions (extreme heat and cold).
- Required to work in areas of extreme temperatures due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Ability to climb various equipment and ladders, lift and carry equipment, tools and components weighing up to 50 lbs.
Education and training required:
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- 2 years minimum experience in troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Military experience and training with honorable discharge a plus.
- Experience with air compressors or air systems a plus.
Years of experience: Minimum previous experience required for performing the job.
- Three Years similar experience with air compressors
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with equipment and solve problem. These failures will include mechanical and electrical. The candidate needs to have experience troubleshooting both.
- Ability to work with customers to determine what issues they have and what the company can do to help correct any issues.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear and informative manner.
- Be self-directed and proactive to fix issues with equipment and systems.
- Possess a positive attitude towards their job and the customers we serve.
Owning the appropriate amount and types of hand tools a plus.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021