Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Midland, Tx
- Must reside in commutable distance of Midland, Tx. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- Some travel may be required
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and managing local and wide area networks to ensure maximum uptime for network services in the organization. The role includes designing network configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing networks. The Network Engineer will also provide remote support to end users and regularly act as the liaison between project management teams, third-party vendors, and internal IT teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborating with Server and Application Development Teams to design and implement functional company networks
- Establishing and maintaining the digital communication infrastructure, including WAN, wireless, and LAN networks
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Installing and configuring a wide variety of enterprise networking hardware
- Creating and implementing network security measures, including the design and management of Palo Alto NGFW
- Implement and maintain telephone system for multi-office enterprise
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Dealing with escalated network support issues
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (Competencies)
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as SD-WAN, firewalls, routers and SSL-VPN
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure WAN optimization and efficiency
- Ability to communicate technical information to other IT team members as well as outside departments and third-party vendors
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot wireless networks and security infrastructure
- Experience with implementing and managing VoIP technology in a corporate setting
- Exceptional problem solving skills with strong desire to deliver quality technical solutions
- Must be a highly collaborative team player that possesses the ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field preferred (experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Cisco CCNP certification preferred
- 3 years experience working through the design, implementation, and management of a wide area network
10% – 15% Travel will be required for mandatory meetings, training and visits to field locations.
We offer quality benefit programs that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Education Assistance
How to apply :
Send "Pre-Screening" Question Responses & Resume to: [email protected]
- Application question: What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Application question: How many years of Managing WAN, LAN and Wireless Networks experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Maintaining network equipment experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Creating and implementing network security measures experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of implementing and managing VoIP technology experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Monitor and test system performance experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of providing remote support to end users experience do you have?
- Application question: Do you have Cisco CCNP, or any other related certifications?
- Application question: Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Midland, TX., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Application question: What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021