Automation Engineer (Production, Gathering, Salt Water Disposal)
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Midland, Tx (This is NOT a Remote job, MUST work in Office & Field.)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Midland, Tx. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- Some travel is required
The Automation Engineer will participate in the design, installation and support of control systems for production facilities, salt water disposal facilities, compressor stations and other product/processing related infrastructure and facilities. The incumbent will act as a technical resource for the automation of various facilities through the implementation of effective technologies and process improvements in order to optimize production and other organizational operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide engineering support and technical guidance to end users and plant personnel for existing control systems and HMIs
- Participate in design phase of new projects, including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), design documents and drawings, and PLC/HMI programming
- Expert knowledge of PLC, HMI and Flow Computer software and hardware
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex tests on control systems
- Maintain and further develop interface between field automation and SCADA systems
- Strong understanding of industrial communications (Ethernet I/P, ModbusTCP, ModbusRTU, etc.)
- Provide checkout and start-up support for new facilities and equipment
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert understanding of computer programming and software development, as the incumbent will be required to support various software packages for PLCs, HMIs and Flow Computers including, but not limited to, Rockwell Logix 5000, Emerson Remote Operations Controllers (ROCs), Red Lion HMIs, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Must have experience with 120V, 480V and 24VDC
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to effectively diagnose and solve problems
- Must be team player that possess the ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree: Engineering degree, such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required; Control emphasis preferred
Years of Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related role
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND
Work is typically performed indoors in an office environment. Incumbents must be able to perform work which includes typing, sitting and standing. In the event that incumbent visits operations worksite, personal protection equipment, including head protection, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and flame resistant clothing is required. Safety rules including OSHA and DOT requirements are strictly enforced. Employees must be willing to travel and work extended hours on short notice.
- 10% – 15% Travel will be required for mandatory meetings, training and visits to field locations.
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply :
Send "Pre-Screening" Question Responses & Resume to: [email protected]
- Application question: Do you live within commutable distance of Midland, TX., and are you able to be in the office Monday thru Friday?
- Application question: What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Application question: What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Application question: How many years of Production Facilities experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of (SWD) Salt Water Disposal experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Automation Engineer experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Compressor Stations experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of computer programming and software development experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of PLC/HMI programming experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of industrial communication (EthernetI/P, ModbusTCP, ModbusRTU) experience do you have?
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021