Controller (Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing & Fabrication)
Job Title: Controller
Location: Midland, TX
- Must reside in commutable distance of Midland, TX (This is an Onsite Role – Remote & Hybrid work is Not Available.)
Experience in Construction, Industrial Manufacturing, Production & Fabrication, Machining, Welding, etc. is preferred for this position.
The Controller plans and directs accounting activities within a finance department of the organization by performing the following duties.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L consolidations and financial reporting consistent with GAAP and Company policy.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial analyses for significant transactions, and major capital expenditure proposals; present leadership team with a clear and concise review of current and projected operating results.
- Assess and upgrade finance organization as needed to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Exercise strong leadership skills including communications and teamwork between finance, operating groups, division and corporate staff.
- Provide leadership to strengthen internal control environment and maintain Financial Regualtory compliance.
- Partner with the Plant Manager and other members of the leadership team; provide advice and counsel on a wide range of issues facing the business.
- Facilitate timely development of financial plans, including sales, profits, capital spending, standard cost, cash flow and balance sheets.
- Proactively assess key assumptions underlying operating plans; identify major risks and opportunities and compare to management expectations.
- Manage assets, revenue chain, credit & collections, and cash.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for reducing working capital.
- Support sales through and review of quotes consistent with corporate profit objectives.
- Refines and maintains the integrity of the plant’s standard cost system.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure efficient reviews of financial data and controls.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or related required.
- Minimum of 5 years Accounting/Finance experience
- 5 years as the financial leader in a construction or manufacturing environment with full responsibility for the books and records.
- 2+ years experience serving as Controller or related capacity
- Assisting management with important financial decisions
- Preparing financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts and statements to understand the financial state of business
- Supervise employees who work under the controller in preparing financial reports and budgets
- Monitor company’s financial reports and determine ways to reduce costs
- Understand the financials of a company in order to meet legal requirements and keep the financial state in good standing
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Midland, TX. Area, (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- GAAP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Financial Analysis & Reporting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Financial Leadership in a Manufacturing Environment: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021