Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Midland, Tx
- Must reside in commutable distance of Midland, TX (This is an Onsite Role – Remote & Hybrid work is Not Available.)
- 6+ years of Control Engineering experience with designing control systems for industrial gas processing facilities.
- Develop control system deliverables for all phases of a project including conceptual design, preliminary design, and detailed design.
- Develop the design of PLC based control systems.
- Develop cause & effects matrix and control narratives.
- Develop typical control system engineering and design drawings such as: PLC, RIO, & J-Box schematics; enclosure layout drawings; network drawing; area classification plans; control equipment arrangement plans.
- Develop control system/instrumentation specifications.
- Develop the design of miscellaneous electrical systems such as lighting, grounding, electrical heat tracing, etc.
- Develop typical control system databases/spreadsheets such as: instrument index and I/O lists; panel schedules
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) for control systems and equipment on industrial gas processing facilities.
- Participate in procurement activities associated with control systems equipment. Procurement activities include preparing technical data for inquiry packages, preparing technical bid evaluations, and review of vendor drawing and document submittal reviews.
- Perform inspections of control system installations and control equipment for conformance with engineering documents, equipment specifications, and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of control engineering and design practices including drawings, specifications, codes, building materials and costs, and construction techniques.
- Working knowledge of NFPA, NEC, ISA, and applicable electrical Codes as well as applicable Industry Codes and Standards (e.g. IEC, ANSI, & IEEE).
- Experience in facility control system design and the preparation of control equipment and systems procurement and installation specifications.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team of engineers and designers on multiple, concurrently executed projects.
- Good organizational and communication skills. Expresses ideas concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of office personal computers, office networks, and the Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Work is generally sedentary, sitting for long periods of time and performed indoors
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Repetitious hand and finger dexterity to communicate via email and cellphone
- Extensive visual and auditory observation during work
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Computer or Mechanical) or related field with 5+ years of related and relevant experience in industrial automation.
- OR 10+ years of related and relevant experience in industrial automation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 6 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Do you have experience Developing typical control system engineering and design drawings such as: PLC, RIO, & J-Box schematics; enclosure layout drawings; network drawing; area classification plans; control equipment arrangement plans.
- What CAD programs do you have experience using (AutoCAD, CADWorx, etc.)?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Midland, TX. Area, (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Do you have a working knowledge of NFPA, NEC, ISA, and applicable electrical
Codes as well as applicable Industry Codes and Standards (e.g. IEC,
ANSI, & IEEE).
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Industrial Automation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Rockwell Automation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Controls Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Allen Bradley: 5 years (Preferred)
- PLC Programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- HMI / SCADA Design: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021