Director of Construction – Natural Gas Processing & Treatment
Job Title: Director of Construction
Location: Midland, Tx (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Midland, Tx. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- BS in Construction Management or Business Administration preferred.
- 10 years of experience required
- Travel Required (Must be willing to travel and visit project sites)
Prior experience in Industrial Manufacturing Operations (Piping and Instrumentation, Vessel, Tanks, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Equipment, etc. background is Required)
Machining (CNC & Manual), Fabrication (Welding, Metal Cutting, Metal Forming) experience is preferred.
A company with over 30 years in Natural Gas Processing & Treating Plant Sales, Manufacturing, Construction and Operation is hiring a Highly Experienced Director of Construction.
The Director of Construction will report to the COO and is responsible for leading and directing the construction department to support the overall strategic goals and success of the company. Improve companies value proposition to our customers through offering of construction management services.
Gas Treating and Processing Plants (LNG & RNG)
CONVENTIONAL GAS TREATING
- Amine Units
- Condensate & Crude Oil Stabilizers
- TEG Dehydration Units
RENEWABLE GAS TREATING
- Landfill Applications
- Digester Applications
- H2S Treating
- Field Consulting
- Nitrogen Rejection
Essential Job Functions
Construction Department Head
- Monitor, lead, train, and manage all construction dept. staff.
- Collaborate with other department heads to align interests and goals
- Continue education to understand industry trends, warnings, and developments.
- Provide honest feedback and loyal support to upper management
- Lead pre-construction activities, including site feasibility, take offs, bid solicitation, bid review, and assembly of the final project budget.
- Commercial reviews: Assist the business development team in evaluating contract language to minimize risk and to protect companies’ interests.
- Participate in client meetings and sales trip. Demonstrate companies’ construction abilities and gain customers confidence.
- Help build accurate costing models.
- Work with engineering and design teams to develop most cost-effective facility designs.
- Manage construction divisions resources to ensure the successful execution of simultaneous projects.
- Evaluate contractors and execute favorable MSA terms. Maintain relationships with contractor’s upper management. Perform evaluations of contractor performance.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring construction managers, coordinators, etc.
Contracts and Negotiations
- Assist in the review of customer contracts to ensure favorable terms for the company.
- Identify and manage risks
- Negotiate subcontractor contracts and pricing to achievable favorable terms for the company.
- Provide oversight for all ongoing construction projects.
- Regularly review project schedule and financial forecasts
- Visit project job sites as needed to evaluate overall progress and ensuring contractor compliance with contract documents.
- Provide conflict resolution during disputes.
- Manage large capital projects
Facilitate continuous improvement program (CIP)
- Working with engineering and design teams on constructability reviews
- Conduct lessons learned meetings. Strive to identify areas for improvement.
- Continued development of safety and quality programs
- Build, coach, and develop strong team members
- Regularly participate in mentoring and employee performance reviews.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Outstanding organization and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated good judgment, attention to detail, and analytical thinking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Remarkable work ethic and initiative
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Extensive visual and auditory observation during work.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Work is generally sedentary and performed indoors
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021