Drafting / Design Manager – Natural Gas Plants
Job Title: Design Manager
Location: Midland, Tx (Relocation Assistance Availability DOE)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Midland, Tx. (This is an Onsite role.)
- Technical competency as a CAD operator and managerial experience.
- 10+ Years Relevant Drafting / Design Experience in the Natural Gas Industry
The Design Manager is responsible for overseeing a large team of designers and drafters, making certain all work is properly tracked in resource planning software with the focus of meeting project deadlines.
Prior experience in Industrial Manufacturing Operations (Piping and Instrumentation, Vessel, Tanks, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Equipment, etc. background is Required)
Machining (CNC & Manual), Fabrication (Welding, Metal Cutting, Metal Forming) experience is preferred.
A company with over 30 years in Natural Gas Processing & Treating Plant Sales, Manufacturing, Construction and Operation is hiring a Highly Experienced Design Manager.
The Design Manager will report to the Director of Engineering and Design and is responsible for the Design and Drafting of natural gas processing & treatment facilities in the conventional and renewable gas industries.
Gas Treating and Processing Plants (LNG & RNG)
CONVENTIONAL GAS TREATING
- Amine Units
- Condensate & Crude Oil Stabilizers
- TEG Dehydration Units
RENEWABLE GAS TREATING
- Landfill Applications
- Digester Applications
- H2S Treating
- Field Consulting
- Nitrogen Rejection
Essential Job Functions
Oversee drafting department with focus on releasing high-quality, mistake-free drawings for fabrication.
- Create realistic, achievable schedule for drafting employees.
- Make certain all drawings are checked.
- Provide input on design of skids, piping, and vessels.
- Maintain resource planning software.
- Provide input on software development and enter new work into system.
- Create realistic schedule for each project in conjunction with Project Management that meets required overall delivery, assigning labor tasks to each department.
- Conduct meetings as needed using resource planning tools to review current status of projects.
- Aide in Proposal Work.
- Work with commercial team to develop cost estimates and schedules
- Interface with fabrication department
- Communicate with fabricators on ideas for better designing of skids & vessels in the drafting department.
- Manage any third-party drafting subcontractors
- Promote company culture of character and excellence with reports and peers.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in laying out gas treating facilities
- Experienced CAD operator
- Understanding of P&ID common practices
- Knowledge of ASME Code and calculations
- Wind & Seismic calculation knowledge and an understanding of the program used
- Knowledge on how a gas plant operates
- Knowledge of how to create pipe specs and/or read customer specs
- Very detail oriented
- Great time management skills
- Incredible organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with team
- Work is largely sedentary and generally performed indoors.
- Lift and carry up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Repetitious hand and finger dexterity to communicate via email
- Extensive visual and auditory observation during work
Job Type: Full-time
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021