EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) Leader
Job Title: EHS Leader
Location: Sunnyvale, CA. (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Sunnyvale, CA. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- Some travel is required
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 8 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Management
Relocation assistance: Yes
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) Leader to provide technical leadership and support the environmental, industrial hygiene and safety (EHS) activities at our West Region Electronic and Industrial California sites located in Sunnyvale, Hayward, and Carlsbad. The company is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, industrial, display, digital and flexographic printing, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and transportation industries. Every day, we’re solving our customers’ biggest challenges and are honored to be their partner of choice.
While based in Sunnyvale CA, the successful candidate focus will be to provide technical leadership on safety and industrial hygiene management and work closely with the site Leadership Team, Integrated Health Services, EHS leaders from nearby site locations and Business EHS leaders. The site EHS leader will ensure that programs meet corporate governance and regulatory needs of the Silicon Valley Technology Center and closely support the Hayward manufacturing facility Health & Safety compliance activities.
Core Responsibilities as the Sunnyvale EHS Site Leader:
- Serve as EHS representative on the management team.
- Manage submittal of all permit and regulatory required agency reports.
- Develop and implement site Health & Safety procedures and established systems to enable understanding of compliance requirements for the site.
- Analyze and evaluate safety performance and develop strategic improvement plans and goals
- Provide EHS guidance to the site to drive a Commitment to Zero safety culture.
- Develop 1st Party Health & Safety audit plans, review performance, and feedback gaps to management to drive continual H&S improvement.
- Support injury and illness recordkeeping and case management process; maintain relevant logs and documentation.
- Network with other company EHS professionals as well as businesses, sites, and other functions on tools and approaches for EHS compliance and be effective in shaping policy, best practices, and standards for the site.
- Develop, implement, and identify opportunities to streamline health and safety management systems (work processes, standards, procedures)
- Oversee the site industrial hygiene programs including conducting industrial hygiene monitoring and evaluations.
- Lead/participate in field health & safety audits and perform data analysis of the results
- Develop and conduct training and coach teams and individuals on H&S issues.
- Conduct incident investigations and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Collect, input, and calculate health and safety metrics and reporting information
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) reviews
- Lead one or more PSM elements or safety competencies
- Develop, facilitate, and promote employee safety improvement (Kaizen events, Management of Change (MOC), Pre-Startup safety review (PSSR), safety meetings, safety perception surveys).
- Obtain certification as an Environmental Management System Auditor
- Obtain company certification as an Injury Illness Recordkeeper
- BS in a basic science or technical degree in the field of EHS management, or relevant work experience in EH&S is required.
- At least 8 years of site operations related experience is required for this position, machine shop experience is preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of U.S. and State of California occupational health, safety and environmental regulations is preferred.
- Preferred candidate would be credentialed as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or in the Comprehensive Practice of Industrial Hygiene by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (or equivalent certification recognized by the International Occupational Hygiene Association National Accreditation Recognition Committee).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines as well as manage change and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer software (systems used are Microsoft Office, intra/internet, etc.) including helping to implement the Cority EHS and Industrial hygiene software suite and ILearn training systems.
- Experience in industrial hygiene principles and monitoring techniques
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% (leveraged EHS activities, training, network meetings, participation in auditing)
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply :
Send "Pre-Screening" Question Responses & Resume to: [email protected]
Application question: What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Application question: How many years of EHS experience do you have?
Application question: How many years of US & California health, safety and environmental regulations experience do you have?
Application question: Do you have any related Certifications, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), etc.?
Application question: How many years of Process Safety Management (PSM) experience do you have?
Application question: How soon can you start upon acceptance of an offer?
Application question: Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Sunnyvale, CA., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
Application question: What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
Application question: Please provide the link to your LinkedIn profile?
Application question: What is your desired total compensation?
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021