EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) Leader – Chemical Mfg
Job Title: EHS Leader
Location: Richmond, VA. (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Richmond, VA. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- Some travel is required
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 5 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Management
Relocation assistance: Yes
- 1700 employees at this site
- 700 contractors
- 40 people reporting to the EHS Leader on the site
- High hazard experience is a plus
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) Leader to provide technical leadership and support the environmental, industrial hygiene and safety (EHS) activities.
Site EHS Leader
This leading global company is searching for a site Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Leader who will provide EHS Leadership and Support for a large U.S. location. This role has responsibility for implementing the EHS management system (work processes, standard, and procedures) to drive safety improvements, ensure regulatory compliance, maintain the license to operate, and meet site and financial objectives. The EHS Site Leader is a key member of a Site Leadership Team, providing guidance and strategic support to the Unit Mangers and Unit Safety and Process Safety Management resources, reporting to the Site Manager.
This role will be responsible for:
- Ensures EHS work processes, standards and procedures are applied within the units through role assignment, training and leveraging with the Expertise Centers, to ensure compliance with company, Regulatory, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and permitting standards.
- Provides Leadership Team with observations, trends, and improvement recommendations on facility safety performance and employee health.
- Participates in daily field auditing and visibility for interactions with employees.
- Liaises with the Expertise Centers and obtains clear interpretations of issues to ensure compliance to standards and consistency across the company, and to determine the applicability of regulatory requirements for the Site.
- Ensures the Management of Change (MOC) process for EHS matters is implemented and followed through the use of role assignment and training for the purposes of employee personal safety.
- Ensures permit renewals are submitted in a timely manner to ensure compliance with Company, State, Regulatory, OSHA and permitting standards by leveraging with EHS delivery resources (i.e. specialists, expertise centers, etc.)
- Leads EHS audits (i.e. Responsible Care, Corporate, Government audits, etc), by: (a) reviewing previous audit findings and ensuring each audit finding was addressed, (b) scheduling pre-audits to understand and address EHS gaps/deficiencies prior to audits, (c) placing any identified gaps from the pre-audit into compliance plans, (d) leading the auditors on tours through the site and each plant/area during audits and (e) ensuring compliance by addressing findings, non-conformances, incidents and audit corrective actions that involve system deficiencies.
- Supports injury and illness recordkeeping and case management process; maintains relevant logs and documentation.
- Facilitates and/or participates in the investigation of EHS incidents using the global EHS process to identify root causes and implement permanent corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Preparation and analysis of multiple Safety& Occupational Health metrics and reports.
- Provides coordination for Unit driven PSM Programs.
- Ensure effective operation of Unit Driven Safety teams.
- Ensures capital plant includes EHS improvements directed to reduce/eliminate risk injury at the Units and overall site
- BS or higher degree in a technical/scientific field (Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene, or safety-related discipline)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working at a manufacturing environment in an EHS capacity with working knowledge of EHS and Process Safety Management Systems.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations leadership roles managing people
- Demonstrated functional/technical expertise of US EHS related regulations
- Strength in organizing, implementing and affecting comprehensive change
- Must excel in communicating ideas and changes clearly to influence change effectively
- Strong Leadership attitude
- Certified Safety, Certified Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Professional
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial hygiene general principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management
- Experience working with a unionized workforce
- More than 10 years of professional experience in EHS
Critical Success Factors:
This position will require EHS knowledge and skills in influence management, change management, networking, and teamwork. The successful candidate will need to engage and influence site leadership to ensure effective execution of EH&S plans. A key to success are skills in strategic thinking and the ability to clearly communicate direction and expectations.
The candidate will also need:
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills, along with a high level of initiative are required to be successful in this role. An outgoing and proactive approach to communication and problem solving is essential.
- Be Fluent in English
Job Type: Full-time
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021