EHS Manager (Environmental, Health, & Safety)
Job Title: EHS Manager
Location: McCarran, NV.
Must reside in commutable distance of McCarran, NV. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- Some travel is required
Skills: EHS, CSP, CIH, CHMM, Safety Regulations
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 3 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Management
Industry: Packaging and Containers
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager to provide technical leadership and support the environmental, industrial hygiene and safety (EHS) activities. Supporting the Core Values of Passion, Teamwork and Excellence and under the direction of the Plant Manager, the EHS Manager is responsible for Employee Health and Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Sustainability programs within the facility.
This role will be responsible for:
- Managing and administering all Employee Health and Safety programs and initiatives.
- Assure compliance with all corporate EHS processes and requirements.
- Facilitate investigations, root cause analysis, and required follow up to prevent repeat EHS incidents.
- Manage EHS&S databases to assure timely reporting.
- Develop, Initiate, and maintain and train on all EHS&S programs.
- Assist site with completion of and training on all EHS&S related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Analyze data to identify and prioritize continuous improvement of plant EHS&S Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Champion Sustainability data management and strategic initiative planning in line with company’s long-term targets.
- Serve as Environmental Management Representative for site ISO 14001 Management System.
- Assure compliance to all required environmental regulations (RCRA, DOT, EPA, State Agency).
- Prepare all required internal and external environmental reports (e.g. Tier II, TRI, bi-annual waste, Emission Inventory, etc.)
- Update and maintain Environmental management plans (e.g. SWPPP, SPCC, HazWaste Contingency, ERP)
- Establish proactive and cooperative relationships with safety and environmental regulatory agencies.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment process and equipment including reporting of wastewater parameters internally and externally.
- Manage operations and maintenance of air emission control device equipment as well as external and internal regulatory reporting.
- Review of washer and WWT metrics in operational databases and monitor efficiency of supporting chemical process areas.
- Create various reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Provide support for Corporate EHS Director.
- Participate in Corporate System EHS audits periodically at various sites.
- Work with Operations Leadership to ensure the safe and efficient movement of materials physically and systematically.
- Understand the Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP Principle and Food Safety Standard.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in managing EHS programs required.
- BS degree in relevant technical field required.
- Certification in either Safety (CSP), Industrial Hygiene (CIH), or HazMat (CHMM) preferred.
- Skilled in regulatory agency (both local municipality and State) interactions.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication, training, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead a team, coach, train, mentor, and facilitate job tasks.
- Excellent people skills, high energy, and positive cultural fit.
- Ability to facilitate a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel and customers.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Must be able to work all any shift as needed to provide EHS support to a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Please provide the link to your LinkedIn profile?
- What is your desired total compensation?
- Are you able to work all any shift as needed to provide EHS support to a 24/7 manufacturing facility?
- Do you have any related Certifications, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), HazMat (CHMM), etc.?
- How many years of experience do you have in managing and administering all Employee Health and Safety programs in an organization?
- How many years of experience working with regulatory agencies (both local municipality and State)?
- How many years of experience do you have supervising a team (lead a team, coach, train, mentor, and facilitate job tasks)?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of McCarran, NV., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- EHS: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing Practices: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021