Electrical Maintenance Technician (Industrial Electrician) – Steel Mill
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician (Industrial Electrician)
- Must Have Steel Mill Experience
Job Location: Brandenburg, KY
- Must reside within commutable distance of Brandenburg, KY.
Experience required: 2 Years
Job function: Technician & Mechanic
Industry: Mining & Metals
Total Open Positions: 4
Relocation assistance: Yes
Basic Job Functions:
The role of the Maintenance Electrical Technician is to be a great team member who demonstrates high levels of honesty, integrity, and ownership in everything they do. In addition, the selected candidates will ensure the success of the team by SAFELY performing Preventative and Corrective maintenance on steel mill equipment and systems, as well as proposing and implementing innovative solutions to challenges in the steel making process. The Maintenance Electrical Technician will work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, scheduled and unscheduled overtime. Safety is the most important part of all jobs within the company; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Fundamental Electrical Theory knowledge
- Experience Troubleshooting 480V Motors and Controls
- 2+ years experience in steel mill electrical maintenance
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Accountability – Displays responsibility with work habits and has ability to hold others accountable for desired results.
- Initiative – Being proactive with seeking out work that needs to be done and being willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Teamwork – Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members as well as
- effectively managing and resolving conflict as needed while working in a coordinated effort with others to achieve a common goal.
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and analyzing or reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Maintenance Systems and Techniques – Knowledge of servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing equipment, systems, and processes.
- Attention to Detail – Thorough in accomplishing tasks, no matter how small they may be, and taking care to make sure that expectations are met.
- Communication Skills – The ability to give full attention to what others are saying and communicate information so that others will understand.
- Judgment/Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- 2-year or 4-year degree in electrical or related field
Must have supervisor and/or manager recommendation and must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandenburg, KY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- This job is 4 on 4 off rotating days to nights 12 hour shifts. Are you willing to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, scheduled and unscheduled overtime? Have you worked a similar work schedule before?
- Please supply a link to your LinkedIn Profile:
- What is you work authorization (US Citizen, Green Card, etc.)?
- What are your Salary expectations?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Steel Mill Electrical Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting 480V Motors and Controls: 2 years (Preferred)
- programmable logic controller (PLC): 2 years (Preferred)
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD): 2 years (Preferred)
- 480V Motors and Controls: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021