Inventory Control Supervisor
Job Title: Inventory Control Supervisor
Location: Fresno, CA, US, 93706
Under the general direction of the Materials Manager, responsible for inventory planning, directing and analysis of stores inventory. Ensure systems and programs are sufficient to meet company’s inventory needs to achieve specific production output, productivity and quality goals that relate directly to the achievement of the company financial and customer service plans and targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and maintain effective internal control over the physical product flow and accounting of inventory receiving and shipping
- Successfully direct and ensure performance of physical inventories
- Direct and manage the Inventory Department, Receiving Department, Shipping Department and Traffic Coordinators to ensure that product is received and available daily for production
- Ensure that personnel under direct management authority are trained and skilled in the proper procedures for inventory control procedures
- Collaborate with Materials Manager to ensure controls and systems are in place for inventory control and planning to improve service levels and reduce inventory levels as well as operations cost
- Monitor day to day operations of material handlers and Receiving department to ensure that the flow of product into the work centers is continuous without any interruptions
- Collaborate with Purchasing Manager to ensure controls are in place to manage all receiving and quality related errors are appropriately resolved to avoid interruption in production and accounting activities
- Direct the Inventory Control and Shipping Department groups to conduct daily physical cycle counts as described in the procedure and complete variance analysis to trend such variances to ensure processes are sufficient to execute for the process and achieve inventory accuracy measures developed by upper management
- Complete Personnel Development Plans and subsequent performance appraisals and merit reviews for all employees under management. Conduct ongoing employee development activities to grow and mentor our human resources
- Ensure adherence to Quality, Safety, and Environmental compliance processes in accordance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations. Be responsible to ensure all employees are trained and proficient in the requirements of these programs and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Position currently reports to the company Materials Manager
- Internal relationships exist with all functional department heads and staff. The key relationship exists with the Plant Manager, Planning Manager, Purchasing Manager, Accounting and Master Scheduler
- External relationships exist with select suppliers/vendors, customers, and other internal companies
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Inventory Management, Materials Management or demonstrated equivalent experience and skills to perform successfully
- Five years of progressively increasing responsibilities in Inventory Management is preferred
- Great management capability to lead, motivate and develop production and manufacturing employees
- English Required.
- Must be able to work effectively in team environments.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and reassign priorities as needed.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence diverse global teams.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental, health, safety and security inspections and reporting
- Familiarity with ESG reporting, corporate social responsibility, climate resilience, risk mitigation and adaptation, net zero, decarbonization and renewable energy, building energy and water efficiency, waste management and emissions reduction strategies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts and driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment and avoidance of trips and falls. The work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
- There is a requirement to visit the various shop areas with short exposure to weather and noise. Occasional use of safety equipment (personal protective equipment) is required.
The company, founded on a legacy of premier products and service, provides mission-critical valves, pumps, and aftermarket services in oil and gas, power generation, water and wastewater, and general industry, with an unparalleled focus on your specific industry needs. Our innovative approach will deliver the support you need through design, installation, and operation, providing continuity and confidence in your flow control. You can count on us for knowledgeable customer support, innovative engineering design, a global footprint, and supply chain, aftermarket parts and service, and unmatched responsiveness to meet your demanding schedules.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021