Manufacturing Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Title: Production Supervisor
- 1 Opening on 2nd Shift
Location: Springfield, MO
Must reside in commutable distance of Springfield, MO (This is an Onsite role)
Prior experience in Industrial Manufacturing Operations (Vessel, Tanks, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Equipment, etc. background is preferred)
Machining (CNC & Manual), Fabrication (Welding, Metal Cutting, Metal Forming) experience required.
We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our manufacturing team. This position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a 2nd Shift manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements company policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and safe working conditions.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote a culture that emphasizes safety for all production activities. Perform investigations and hold employees accountable for safety violations.
- Promotes employee business education, empowerment, and engagement to foster an ownership mentality in front line employees and Assistant Supervisor
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions with human resources. Resolves employee issues through identifying problems and resolutions. Responsible for the performance management (hiring, development, discipline, termination) of direct reports.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas. Recommend and assist ROI development for future capital expenditure needs.
- Manage departmental performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate with Production Planning daily to assure adequate maintenance of proper inventory levels, delivery schedules, and production needs.
- Track absenteeism, corrective action, and timekeeping.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work. Develop specific plans to accomplish required work. Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, & production sequences to meet production goals.
- Regular, in-person attendance due to the necessary teamwork and personal interactive nature of the position.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and labor activities between product lines, as necessary.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Must be able to work weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (Competencies)
- Leadership – A willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction in a proactive manner.
- Performance Management – Knowledge of principles and procedures for employee selection, development and training. Familiar with legal basics of personnel matters.
- Problem Solving/Analysis & Problem Sensitivity – The ability to recognize and analyze current problems, as well as potential problems, and create proactive solutions through critical thinking.
- Ability to recognize and address tasks that need to be accomplished in order to ensure completion of projects by contract ship dates.
- Communication Proficiency – Active listener, giving full attention to what others are saying, and taking the time to understand the points being made. Able to effectively communicate by phone, in written form, email and in-person.
- Time Management and Dependability – Reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Must have or ability to develop detailed knowledge of the construction timeline and fabrication methods required to produce products.
- Must be willing to investigate and analyze new or alternative fabrication methods and technologies. Recommends and implements line improvements.
- Advanced blueprint reading knowledge and experience.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in Industrial Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a production environment
- Experience and working knowledge in an engineered to order manufacturing environment
We offer quality benefit programs that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Preventative Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Springfield, MO., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- This is a 2nd Shift Role. Are you available for 2nd Shift?
- Industrial Manufacturing (Fabrication, Machining, Assembly): 5 years (Preferred)
- Management (Leading Others): 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Production Planning: 5 years (Preferred)
- OSHA Safety Compliance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement: 5 years (Preferred)
- Reading Manufacturing Plans, Drawings, etc.: 5 years (Preferred)
How to apply :
Send "Pre-Screening" Question Responses & Resume to: [email protected]
- Application question: How many years of Industrial Manufacturing (Fabrication, Machining, Assembly) experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Management (Leading Others) experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Manufacturing Production Planning experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of OSHA Safety Compliance experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement experience do you have?
- Application question: How many years of Reading Manufacturing Plans, Drawings, etc. experience do you have?
- Application question: What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Application question: Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Springfield, MO., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Application question: This is a 2nd Shift Role. Are you available for 2nd Shift?
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021