Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Osceola, IA (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Osceola, IA. (This is an onsite role.)
- Some travel may be required.
Prior experience in Industrial Manufacturing Operations (Vessel, Tanks, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Equipment, etc. background is preferred)
Machining (CNC & Manual), Fabrication (Welding, Metal Cutting, Metal Forming) experience required.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Food & Beverage Equipment Manufacturing Team. This position will provide process and structural engineering analysis and design of specialized products. Entails a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Essential Job Functions
- Generates and distributes all process and structural discipline engineering information needed to construct a project.
- Effective, frequent interaction with sales, purchasing, estimating, manufacturing, suppliers, and customers.
- Review sales orders, specifications, and cost estimates to assure design output fulfills requirements.
- Prepare design calculations and perform or direct the preparation of drawings and design documents.
- Review all drawings and specifications and ensure they properly relate to the estimate.
- Interact with other departments for technical support and guidance.
- Establish and maintain document control procedures.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Provide training to manufacturing personnel and customers as needed.
- Occasional up to 10% travel to customer sites to assist with sales, service, and/or customer present technical information or resolve any technical issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Regular, in-person attendance due to necessary teamwork and personal interactive nature of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (Competencies)
- Proficiency with the MS Suite, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask with little supervision and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Exceptional work ethics and initiative, ensuring all task are followed through in a fast‐paced and diversified work environment
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Exceptional technical customer service skills
- Experience in heat transfer analysis, fluid mechanics, and process system design
- Experience with beverage processing equipment design
- Experience with agitation processes and design
- Experience with FEA and other structural analysis software (e.g. Compress)
- AutoCAD and Inventor skills
- Knowledge of relevant standards (e.g. ASME).
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, engineering principles and techniques, and various construction methods and installation procedures
- Broad understanding of a wide spectrum of materials, their characteristics, tolerances and limitations
Education and Experience
Requires a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree program. EIT status is required as a minimum and PE status is preferred. 5+ years of experience in a process and structural engineering related field is preferred.
We offer quality benefit programs that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Preventative Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Professional office environment with some manufacturing shop environment. Use of standard office equipment (computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets, etc.). Exposure to conditions, such as: dust, fumes, noise and high-degree varying seasonal temperatures. Machinery with energy sources including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, or other energy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have either a Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate or Professional Engineer (PE) license?
- What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Osceola, IA., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Structural Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Process Analysis & Process Improvement: 5 years (Preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor: 5 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
- FEA and other structural analysis software: 5 years (Preferred)
- heat transfer analysis/fluid mechanics/process system design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Food / Beverage processing equipment design: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021