Mechanical Engineer (Fleet Staff Engineer)
Fleet Staff Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
- Must be local to Houston, Tx Area. (Relocation assistance not currently provided) (Office Located on Katy Freeway, between Loop 610 and Beltway 8)
- Must be US citizens/green card holder. (Sponsorship not currently provided)
We are currently seeking a Fleet Staff Engineer for a global, maritime client located in Houston, Texas. This is a direct hire opportunity! The Fleet Staff Engineer (FSE) will be able to take a project from conception to completion with minimal supervision. The FSE will be responsible for small to medium capital and maintenance projects utilizing the Company’s engineering staff, outside engineering sources, regulatory bodies, fabricators, shipyards and the purchasing department to the fullest extent. Safe, functional and cost effective designs are the PE’s goal for all assignments.
- Take small to medium sized projects from conceptual design all of the way through final design and implementation including:
- Identify work scope of projects
- Schedule a project based on current recourses
- Manage outside engineering firms
- See projects through the regulatory body approval process
- Review and approve drawings
- Pre-inspect equipment to prove design installation and identify potential design and installation problems
- Write specifications
- Develop and maintain detailed budgets and schedules
- Obtain prices and schedules from shipyards, fabricators and venders
- Oversee shipyard fabrications and installations when required
- Work with Fleet Accountant for capital budgeting and reporting
- Quickly produce AutoCad drawing and sketches to meet the needs of the production department.
- Report to the Project Engineering Manager or Senior Fleet Project Engineer supplying regular status reports.
- Work with purchasing and equipment engineers in the procurement process to ensure technical and product quality.
- Maintain a high standard for equipment as set by the Company’s and regulatory bodies.
- Create designs with a commitment to the Incident and Injury Free safety program.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in engineering (marine or dredging related industry preferred).
- Proficient in the use of 2-D and 3-D Autodesk Product Design Suite and Nastran In-CAD for Inventor, Microsoft Excel and Word, Working –knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
- Familiarization with 46 CFR requirements and marine classification society rules preferred
- Shipyard experience is considered a plus.
- Up to 35% travel required.
- Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Eligible to participate in company benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual performance and salary reviews
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants? 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Life and Disability insurance plans.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021