Senior Mechanical Engineer – Pumps & Piping Systems
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer – Pumps & Piping Systems
Location: Houston, Tx. (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Must be fully vaccinated COVID 19
- Must reside in commutable distance of Houston, Tx. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Pumps & Piping Systems for our client located in Houston, TX.
The Sr Mechanical Engineer (SME) for Pumps & Piping Systems will be able to take a design from conception to completion with little or no supervision. The SME will be responsible for the design of large capital and maintenance projects utilizing additional Company engineering and outside engineering sources as needed. Partnering with regulatory bodies, fabricators, shipyards and the purchasing department is often required to complete a design. Safe, functional and cost-effective designs are the SMEs goal for all assignments. In particular, this position will be responsible for new design and optimization of slurry, jet water, lube oil, fuel oil, and other piping systems across the fleet.
Take any size project from conceptual design all of the way through final design and implementation including:
- Identify work scope of projects and determine if the project should be handled internally or sub-contracted to an outside engineering firm
- Develop conceptual and detail designs
- Schedule a project based on current resources
- Coordinate and work with outside engineering firms
- Develop, review and approve drawings
- See projects through the ABS, USCG, and U.S. Army Corp. of Engineering approval process
- Write specifications
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules
- Report to the Fleet Engineering Projects Manager or Chief Mechanical Engineer supplying regular status reports.
- Work with purchasing and equipment engineers in the procurement process to ensure technical and product quality.
- Maintain a high standard for equipment as set by Company, and regulatory bodies.
- Create designs with a commitment to the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) safety program.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in heavy industry evaluating and designing pumps and piping systems. Experience with large slurry (24+ pipe) pumps preferred.
- Prior experience in Marine/dredging is HIGHLY preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Proficient in the use of 2-D and 3-D Autodesk Product Design Suite and Nastran In-CAD for Inventor, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of USCG rules (CFR), US Army Corps of Engineers Safety Regulations (EM-385), and American Bureau of Shipping rules and requirements a plus.
- Up to 35% travel (when required).
- Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without restrictions and employer sponsorship.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required (fully vaccinated)
We offer quality benefit programs that include:
- Competitive salary & bonus program
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants? 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
- … and more
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021