Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Must be local to Houston, Tx Area. (Relocation assistance not currently provided) Office location is Katy Freeway, between Loop 610 and Beltway 8
- Must be US citizens/green card holder. (Sponsorship not currently provided)
Looking for a hands-on Mechanical Engineer with solid design experience from the marine, dredging, or similar industry.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer (SME) will be able to take a design from conception to completion with little or no supervision. The Senior Mechanical Engineer (SME) will be responsible for the design of large capital and maintenance projects utilizing internal engineering and external engineering sources as needed. Partnering with regulatory bodies, fabricators, shipyards and the procurement department is often required to complete a design. Safe, functional and cost-effective designs are the Senior Mechanical Engineer’s goal for all assignments.
- Take any size project from conceptual design all of the way through final design and implementation including:
- Identify work scope of projects and determine if the project should be handled internally or sub-contracted to an outside engineering firm
- Develop conceptual and detail designs
- Schedule a project based on current resources
- Coordinate and work with outside engineering firms
- Develop, review and approve drawings
- See projects through the ABS, USCG, and U.S. Army Corp. of Engineering approval process
- Write specifications
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules
- Report to the Fleet Engineering Projects Manager or Chief Mechanical Engineer supplying regular status reports.
- Work with purchasing and equipment engineers in the procurement process to ensure technical and product quality.
- Maintain a high standard for equipment as set by client, and regulatory bodies.
- Create designs with a commitment to the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) safety program.
Eligible to participate in company benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual performance and salary reviews
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants? 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Life and Disability insurance plans.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021