Site Reliability & Maintenance Leader
Job Title: Site Reliability & Maintenance Leader
Location: Richmond, VA. (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Must reside in commutable distance of Richmond, VA. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
- Some travel may be required
Skills: Site Reliability & Maintenance, EH&S, Leadership, Chemical Manufacturing
- 15+ Years w/Engineering Degree
- 15+ Years of Maintenance & Reliability Experience
- Leadership in People, EH&S, Technology, and OperationsUnion exp. required
- High Hazard experience
- Chemical background
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 15 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Engineering
Compensation: $161,000 – $200,000
Relocation assistance: Yes
Our client is seeking a Site Reliability Leader to join their manufacturing site in Richmond, VA.
Site Reliability Leaders have overall responsibility and accountability for site Reliability and maintenance personnel, MIQA compliancy of assets, and achievement of business and corporate reliability goals.
- Accountable for full compliance with all regulatory requirements or Company requirements – whichever is more stringent.
- Accountable for MIQA performance of the site. Support corporate initiatives site wide such as mechanical integrity and safety instrumented systems compliance.
- Site Reliability Leaders should take a strong lead in both words and action to support EH&S performance including field visibility to lead by example and drive behaviours.
- Accountable for escalating/investigating deviations appropriately.
- Demonstrates personal EHS leadership in the field and in long-term strategy planning with the business.
- Possesses a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the success of the site.
- Leads, represents, and partners with local government and community organizations.
- Has local, legal ownership of the MIQA process results.
- Can serve as Landlord for emergency, community response and public relations.
- Works with site leadership team to ensure fair, appropriate, and consistent balance of consequences administered across the site.
- Ensures site people succession planning meets expertise requirements.
- Accountable for leading reliability/maintenance employees through COT setting, coaching, mentoring, employee development, and can spend one on one time with employees at their work environment.
- Recognizes and drives work process improvements for Site. Effective implementation of the Maintenance Work Process and accountable for compliance and implementation of the work processes
- Network sponsor for one or more diversity networks.
- Provides mentors for company learning events and sponsor sessions where appropriate.
- Develops and sponsors Company’s future leaders.
- Works with local school systems and technical colleges to ensure education is adequate to meet company’s current and future hiring needs.
- Develops constructive relationships with local unions and contractors.
- Promotes and expands the networks of succession candidates across businesses, regions, and company globally.
- Advocates on behalf and is accessible to employees and stakeholders of the business.
- Promotes continuous improvement in employee engagement and satisfaction, through the utilization and monitoring of IMPACT survey.
- Spokesperson and representative for corporate reliability strategy and initiatives.
- Challenges and gives feedback to the corporation.
- Mentors Senior and Global Leader Potentials on site. Owns, fosters and develops the reliability promising talent pipeline on the site. Engages and develops high potentials in site projects.
- Works closely with works councils and/or unions.
- Ensures company’s pay for performance culture is applied.
- Actively drives Diversity & Inclusion performance.
Business Owner Mindset/Financial Acumen:
- Owns provision of site services that aligned to the corporate spending plan, with a long-term low-cost mindset.
- Inspires the organization to apply the principles of highly reliable organizations, continuous improvement, value creation, and financial acumen skills to accelerate profitability and low-cost service of the site.
- Drives implementation of reliability, productivity, and technology implementation plans.
- Understands the products and end users at the site level.
- Challenges business and functions to maintain consistency with overall Company and site strategies.
- Participates in annual and long-term reliability and capital planning.
- Looks for opportunities to collaborate and provide business options.
- Prioritizes, says “no” when needed.
- Monitors business cost at local level, collaborating to identify and deliver low-cost services in line with business demand (ex: overtime).
- Partners to ensure site infrastructure strategically maintained. Makes certain condition, reliability, and capability is adequate for current businesses and rebalanced for changes in tenants.
- Develops and owns a site-specific reliability strategy with a clear 3-5 year vision in alignment with geographic, functional, and business strategies, and understandable to employees.
- Serves as the face of the company to the community.
- Can provide facilitative leadership within the Community Advisory panel.
- Can represent company at local, state, and community organizational levels.
- Networks and advocates with other local, industry, and business associations.
- Maintains housekeeping and exterior image to community.
On boarding – Qualification or Certification:
- Fulfil and complete the Site Reliability Leader Orientation/Certification established by the Region/Corporation.
- Typically, 15+ years of Manufacturing/Reliability Experience
- Proven Leadership in People, EH&S, Technology, and Operations
- Proven leadership and work assignments across multiple regions and/or sites
- Basic knowledge of local language or at least a strong desire to acquire it immediately.
- Union exp. required
- High hazard exp. required
- Chem background required
- 15+ Years exp. plus Engineering Degree required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $165,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 11+ years
- Monday to Friday
- Outdoor work
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VA: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- How soon can you start upon acceptance of an offer?
- What is your Work Authorization (US citizen, green card, etc)?
- Please provide the link to your LinkedIn profile?
- What is your desired total compensation?
- How many years of experience do you have supervising a team?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of Richmond, VA., (if not, are you willing to relocate to the area)?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Site Reliability & Maintenance: 10 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance (MIQA): 10 years (Preferred)
- High Hazard: 10 years (Preferred)
- EHS: 10 years (Preferred)
- Union: 10 years (Preferred)
- Chemical Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Leadership in People, EH&S, Technology & Operations: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021