Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location: Livermore, CA. (Relocation Assistance Available)
· Must reside in commutable distance of Livermore, CA. (This is an Onsite role, Remote & Hybrid work is not available.)
The Senior Mechanical Engineer 1 is responsible for design and industrialization of major and minor new content of the company’s continuously evolving product line. This includes the entire scope of analyzing, designing, launching and problem-solving mechanical systems across a wide range of technical areas.
The primary focus of the Sr Mechanical Engineer is integrating major systems onto low- and zero-emission heavy duty transit coaches, mainly battery electric and hybrid. This includes high-voltage powertrains, thermal systems, suspension systems and structural systems.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have direct influence over vehicle, system, and component level design decisions. They will collaborate and teach up, down and across the organization to help raise the skills and knowledge of the company’s team.
This is a hands-on position, it is an on-site role at our Livermore, CA plant and reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager of New Product Engineering.
· Bachelors or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Engineering industry
· Experience in automotive and/or heavy-duty vehicle design
· Demonstrated capability to translate high-level program requirements into actionable design deliverables
· Able to work successfully in collaborative, peer-to-peer settings as well as independently, without any direct supervision
· Experience working with major component suppliers, engineering service suppliers, testing suppliers and product validation engineers
· Experience in the direct design of components including Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Service (DFS), and cost-efficiency (Value Engineering)
· Experience with “hands-on” troubleshooting, product assembly, prototyping, testing, and validation activities (on site and at remote locations)
· Electric and Hybrid Powertrain
· Body & Chassis Structure
· Electric / Hybrid Thermal Systems
· Battery Technology
· Steering Systems
· Power electronics & EV Propulsion Technology
Essential Job Functions
· Translates customer, program, regulatory, manufacturability, quality, and other requirements into design concepts
· Gather information regarding supplier components, existing designs and technological advancements to rationalize and optimize design concepts
· Perform design trade-offs and optimization to devise robust, manufacturable, and maintainable design concepts
· Use 3D CAD tools to create, review & release vehicle components and assemblies
· Use 2D drafting tools to create, review & release component and assembly drawings
· Use analytical tools to assess your designs and others, including but not limited to stress, vibration, thermal performance, and durability
· Process design releases including the creation of and management of Bills of Material
· Support designs through manufacturing launch and field introduction
· Provide technical input to technical publications
· Collaborate and iterate designs with cross-functional partners such as electrical, controls and manufacturing engineers
ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT
· Ability to lift 25 lbs.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; occasionally kneel or squat.
· Limited domestic travel
· Typical start time 6:00AM (negotiable)
We offer quality benefit programs that include:
· Company paid 100% employee and their dependent benefit premiums (medical, dental, vision)
· Generous retirement contributions
· … and more
Job Type: Full-time
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021