Structural Engineer – (Power Generation / Steel Construction)
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Fenton, MO (Relocation Assistance is Available)
- Must reside within commutable distance of Fenton, MO. (This is a Onsite Role)
- Travel to client sites required
The Structural Engineer will perform design functions specific to the structural engineering scope for Specialty Boilers to suit the needs of customer requirements. Completes all relevant design calculations for development of final drawings for the fabrication and supply of structural components.
- Routine Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Design decisions based upon good practices with understanding of core structural/mechanical concepts.
- Resolves customer questions, supplier/fabricator requests for changes and scope modifications.
- Minimum of 5 years of heat recovery experience
- Knowlege of steel construction and design
- Knowledge of boiler equipment and limitations
- Mechanical or Civil Engineering Degree.
Travel by plane or car. Available for response to customer/jobsite issues at all times. Will include travel both internationally and domestically.
Nice To Have
- Energy / Power Generation Related Engineering / Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG)
- Performs design calculations specific to structural scope
- Reviews final drawings representing the designs generated.
- Performs development work associated to Design Guides & Layout Guidelines, and Engineering Policies focused on improvements.
- Works with contractors to review designs and provide detailed comments and questions.
- Works with customers and other departments for communication needs, clarification and justification of designs and follow-up information
- To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Four-year college education, Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in heat recovery.
Travel: by plane or car. Available to support product training, customer meetings, or supplier meetings. May include travel both domestically and internationally.
Required Skills or Abilities:
- Ability to understand and perform job requirements to execute projects. Brings steel knowledge to the role; ability to learn structural design concepts specific to the company
- Ability to think originally, possess sound judgment and develop competence and confidence in all phases of the job.
- Capable of developing good working relationships with clients and internal customers.
- Driven to perform tedious calculations with precise results.
Job Type: Full-time
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Project Superintendent – Electrical Construction (Commercial and Industrial) Position:FilledMacon, GA 17 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Instructional Designer – Oracle FinancialsHouston, Tx 22 Jul, 2021
#OpenToWork Careers - is looking for Job titleTraining Project Manager / Senior Instructional Designer – Maximo Systems (ERP) TrainingHouston, Tx 23 Jul, 2021